Friday, July 9, 2010

Rainbow Perspective

As I sit here watching a beautiful light rain falling outside my window, I'm reminded of a wonderful surprise the girls and I had last week.  We watched a thunderstorm approach over the Hudson River, and when it finally reached us, our 28th floor apartment felt like a scary place to be. Emma, my storm-a-phobic child, was beside herself as the lightning, thunder and driving rain sounded somewhat apocalyptic.


Imagine my relief when just minutes later, as the storm was passing, I heard Emma calling us to the window. We looked out and saw this:




A beautiful rainbow, stretching from building to building, proclaiming that the storm was over. A gentle reminder that no matter how apocalyptic the storms in life may feel, our loving Father always has a rainbow waiting at the end...we just have to remember to look out the window.


And speaking of, as I look up right now, this is what I see:




Another rainbow...what a nice way to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment