Thursday, July 29, 2010

I'll Be Seeing You...

On one particularly hard day during the first week of our move, Emma looked at me with tears in her eyes and said, "I thought you told me people would come visit us here!  No one has come so far!" 


I am happy to report that less than two months later, we've already had several special people pay us a visit here in the Big Apple.  Here are some highlights:


**My little brother Kaleb and his family came through New York on their way to Ireland, just a few days after we got here.  We aren't nearly as exciting as Ireland, but we were grateful they trekked all the way up to the upper west side from midtown to see our new home.


**Linda Lillard and her sweet daughters had a girls weekend away, and graciously worked us into their schedule.  Let me tell you, these girls run a tight ship when they travel-I'm quite sure they covered more ground in one weekend than we have during our entire time here. I wish I could hire Linda to be my tour guide for a month! 


Here are some pictures of our delightfully sweet lunch at Serendipity.


































**Mrs. Webb, my former teaching partner and Abby and Emma's favorite music teacher ever, came all the way into the city from visiting family in Pennsylvania just to have lunch with us!  Of course we chose an Irish Pub, since Mrs. Webb is the best Irish dancer we know.  OK, she's the only Irish dancer we know, but she is amazing!





















**For the past three years, Emma played on a basketball team with her LCA classmates.  I am not exaggerating when I say they could not have had a better coach.  Steve Foster, a former pitcher for the Cincinnati Reds and the current bullpen coach for the Kansas City Royals, spent much of his time off the road in the gym with our girls, teaching them not only basketball skills, but life skills that they'll never forget.  Needless to say, Coach Steve is very special to Emma.

Imagine her delight when he called last weekend, here for a 4-day series of games against the Yankees.  We met Steve for breakfast at Norma's in Le Parker Meridian Hotel in midtown.  How fitting that a Texan introduced us to our new favorite breakfast spot in all of NYC!

Steve also pulled some strings to get us great seats for Sunday's Yankees vs. Royals game.  Even with the downpour of rain and no 600th homerun from A-Rod, our first visit to Yankee Stadium was incredible.  Thank you, Coach Steve!



We're looking forward to seeing more friends this fall...don't forget to give us a call if you're in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment